We take our users’ privacy very seriously, and we’re committed to being transparent about how we collect, use, and share user data. Rocketman makes every effort to minimize the amount of data we collect. When we collect data, it is limited to what is required to deliver the best experience to our users.
What information are you collecting?
All information collected by Rocketman is anonymized. We collect preferences data, including favourite routes, preferred transit agencies, crowding and other user-submitted reports, and usage details, including Rocket Planner searches, route/stop interactions, device type, and API calls. We also collect location data, including your latitude and longitude, if you’ve granted Rocketman access to your device’s location services. This information will only be collected when Rocketman is running in the foreground.
What are you using this information for?
Our number one priority is to give you the best experience possible when you’re using Rocketman. We may use the information collected for the following purposes:
- Provide you with important transit information for services nearby to you
- Ensure Rocketman is working as intended by tracking outages and troubleshooting bugs or issues you report to us
- Guide product development based on your feedback and interactions and make possible the ability to add features our users have been requesting for years
- Conduct and publish research on user habits and public transit usage patterns using aggregated usage data
- Power features that enhance the user experience (e.g., crowding information)
Will you send me marketing emails?
Only if you want them! If you provide your email address and opt-in to receive promotional communications from Rocketman, we may send you marketing emails. You can unsubscribe from these communications at any time.
Does Rocketman share your information with external third parties?
Rocketman does not share or sell any personal information with any third party. We may share anonymized, aggregated data about how our users use the app for the following purposes:
- Thought leadership (e.g. determining the level of crowding on particular routes)
- Reporting obligations (e.g. working with transit agencies to build new product features or communicating with partners to bring exclusive offers to Rocketman users).
About RBC Ventures
Rocketman is owned by RBC Ventures Inc., a subsidiary of Royal Bank of Canada. RBC Ventures is moving beyond banking to solve Canadians’ common problems, like making it easier for them to get from point A to point B on public transit. You can learn more about what we do, as well as our other solutions, at rbcventures.ca.
As an RBC company, Rocketman complies with commitments outlined in RBC’s Global Privacy Notice.
If you have any questions about how we collect, use and disclose personal information, don’t hesitate to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.